1. Where did you grow up?
I grew up skiing in East Montpelier, VT
2. How old were you when you first started skiing?
I started out skiing around the age of 2
3. Did you always want to be a pro?
Growing up I think it was kind of always a dream but now as long I can keep skiing and traveling I will continue to be very happy.
4. Was there anyone in particular who helped motivate you to where you are?
My brother Lars and my dad for bringing us to MRG with him to patrol, Dylan Crossman, and many others who continue to inspire me.
5. What is your favorite ski that you have skied on?
I have a new pair of Wagner Custom Skis, which are really fun and can do almost everything I want. Also the head 103 is an awesome ski because it’s basically a race ski for the big mountains.
6. If someone who doesn’t ski asked you why you ski and why you like it, how would you describe it?
I really enjoy being in the mountains like most skiers, and skiing is the best way I’ve found to do this. It is just an amazing feeling that doesn’t compare with many other things in life.
7. What is your favorite memory as a child?
For skiing, probably hiking around in Mad River’s woods, just exploring. Otherwise I think just having the opportunity to grow up in such an amazing place like rural Vermont.
8. What is your favorite ski area?
Mad River Glen will always be one of my favorite places. It’s where skiing is rooted for me and the MRG community is what skiing is supposed to be about. Also after a couple short trips to British Columbia, it seems like an alright place too.
9. How do you stay in shape during the off-season?
Mountain bike, hike, play soccer, and a lot of other good ol’ Vermont activities.
10. How do you train during your season?
Skiing tends to be great training for skiing.
- Leah Jewett